Vermont! (Wedding Anniv. Trip)
Post date: Sep 23, 2015 1:37:52 PM
To celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, my wife and I spent 4 lovely days in and around Bennington, VT. It was absolute bliss to be disconnected for a short time from our day-to-day grinds and just enjoy some of what southern Vermont has to offer! Here are some of the few photos I took, and below you'll find some of the shops we visited. (I cannot confirm or deny that I've withheld some of my favorite spots.) Enjoy!
We took a nice walk on some of the paths at this park.
Kerry spotted this caterpillar hanging out in the morning sunshine.
"Summer Escape" Who doesn't love a rope swing!
This trip, we were able to get inside of the Old First Church. Wonderful architecture!
And a shot of the old Walloomsac Inn across from the Old First Church.
The info plaque about the inn.
We were a little too early to see the leaves changing on Mt. Equinox.
The Lincoln Home at Hildene. (Plan on at least a 4 hour visit to see everything!)
The Pullman car, Sunbeam. Every Pullman had a unique name!
The rear sitting "porch" on Sunbeam.
Sleeping quarters on Sunbeam.
The sitting area on Sunbeam. Most of the wood was Cuban Mahogany, which is no longer available.
Barry's popcorn wagon on Main St., Bennington. Nice guy, great popcorn!
A Black and White effect.
Another color shot with "punched up" lighting effects.
Here is a partial list of the shops we visited. We can recommend them all!
Antiques at Camelot
* Fantastic antique furniture selection! Just look at our new cameo sofa from the 1870's!
Big Moose Deli And Country Store
* Very weird collection of gifts, food items, and oddities.
The Village Chocolate Shoppe
* Lovely little shop on Main St., Bennington.
* Some of the best fine Italian we've ever had!
Norman and Selma Greenberg Conservation Reserve
* A peaceful walking park, with very nice trails.
The Vermont Country Store Weston
* One of several "original" VT Country Stores. Gigantic selection!
ABOVE ALL VERMONT
* Great selection, with some unique items.
Bennington Station Restaurant
* Fun restaurant in the renovated train depot.
Hildene-The Lincoln Family Home
* Great property with lots to see - plan at least 4 hours.
The Apple Barn & Country Bake Shop
* Really nice country shop with great food offerings.
The Publyk House
* Nice restaurant with great food.
THE GIFT GARDEN
* Nice little flower/gift shop on Main St., Bennington.
R John Wright Dolls
* Custom dollmaker - really cool stuff.
A big thanks to my Mom and Dad for watching over our furry ones, giving us the freedom and peace of mind to explore Vermont!